Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Overdue Post

I promise, Adam, I'm not trying to be slack, but between getting ready for your arrival and work and keeping up with your sister, it's hard to find time to write about all the great things happening. 

My doctor's appointments have started to be weekly now, which means I'm in the final stretch!  Hopefully these appointments will start showing more progress than today's appointment.  At 36 weeks baby Adam is perfect size, and I'm a centimeter dilated, but not effaced at all.  Let's hope all these cramps and contractions are doing their job and we get to meet little Adam soon! 

During my appointment last week I was tested for group B strep, which I have again.  That just means I will have to be put on an IV when I deliver.  I can handle that, and had it with Anna Rae, so I was not surprised to hear I had it again. 

Lately cramps and exhaustion is keeping me down, but I'm still working and still running around after a 2 year old!  I try to take walks after work, but in this heat it's impossible.  I have started to learn to ask Johnathan to do more things around the house so that I can relax a little.  Saturday we went shopping in Raleigh for all things baby... we went to Babies R Us to get items we didn't get from our showers and we really racked up on some good deals, not to mention we had over $300 in gift cards to use! Thank you!!!  I opted to not get the tandem stroller and instead just got the ergo baby carrier.  I figured I would get much more use out of the carrier since we really don't use the stroller that much anymore.  Hopefully that was a good move.  I also invested in some good nursing bras.  Can you believe I never used them with Anna Rae, but this time I know better! 

Last Friday my office threw me a really sweet luncheon shower!  I got some great necessary gifts for Adam and we had a great time.  Now, I think I'm set, and ready for his arrival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment